07. How to Care for your Mattress.
To keep your mattress bouncing back in perfect shape night after night for years to come, here are a few hints and guidelines:
- Do not bend or roll your mattress, as this will permanently damage the spring unit and invalidate any warranty claims.
- Let the mattress breathe and air when removing from its plastic packaging.
- Use a washable mattress protector to protect your investment and prolong the life of the mattress.
- To clean your mattress, occasionally vacuum (excessive vacuuming will damage the comfort layers).
- Do not wet your mattress, as this could affect the upholstery layers, causing them to compress and become damaged.
To extend the comfort life of your new mattress, rotate your mattress according to the following diagram:
- Rotate the mattress counter-clockwise (head-to-toe).
- Realign the mattress to the foundation.
- Rotate the mattress every 2 weeks for the first 3 months, thereafter only every 3 months.
- Minimize body shaped impressions with regular rotating. Impressions are a normal characteristic of settling comfort layers.
- Do not attempt to rotate the mattress by yourself. Bigger sizes are heavy and could cause personal injury or damage to your mattress.
- If fitted with handles, these should only be used to position the mattress, as they may pull out if used to support the full mass of the mattress.